Getting back to some Toy Wars! I’ll have episode six very soon too.
The further we get into this series, the more I actually seem to be enjoying it. It’s one of those “it’s so ridiculous, you laugh” type of deals, I think.
There’s a few translation notes for this episode, so be sure to check them out.
- 01:34 – “Kids like you simply don’t understand the charm of a vixen like me.” “Old lady, you’re a fox?
– Obaan calls herself a “bimajo” which is a middle-aged woman who magically looks younger than her age. Shin confuses this with “biwako” (Lake Biwa), the largest lake in Japan. Since I’ve gone with “vixen” for “bimajo,” I’ve made Shin think that Obaan is really a fox. Not quite the same, but at least it doesn’t read as awkward as if I kept it unchanged.
- 04:45 – “As soon as its popularity declined, it was written off as a tokusatsu one-off!”
– Tokusatsu being live-action shows like Action Mask, the Masked Rider, Super Sentai, or even Godzilla.
- 06:52 – TATSUYA
– From the famous rental store “Tsutaya.”