Releases, Spin-off

Alien vs Shinnosuke – 01 [720p]

[BuriBuri] Crayon Shin-chan Spin-off – Alien vs Shinnosuke – 01 [720p][8963E1FB].mkv

Awakening

I lied. I said I wouldn’t sub this, but here I am, and I have.

Episode 1 began streaming on Amazon Prime Video today in Japan. When I first clicked on it, I was surprised to see it’s only eight minutes long. It makes sense, since typical Shin-chan segments are indeed only eight minutes or so. But to be honest, I was expecting a full-length 24 minute episode. Anyway, the short run time coupled with my liking of the episode drove me to go ahead and sub this for you guys.

Sadly, there’s no word from Amazon on when the official English release may be coming. Perhaps after all 13 episodes have been released in Japan? Still, that’s months away!

I’m not entirely sure if I’m committing to subbing the full series or not. Amazon Prime doesn’t have captions like new TV episodes or movies do, so I’m left translating it by ear. I was lucky enough with the simple dialog in this episode, but I can’t count on that for every episode.  I also will have to purchase an Amazon.co.jp Prime subscription. I started a trial previously, and it luckily lasted until today. So yeah, for the moment, not sure if I will continue with this, as much as I do like it so far.

39 Comments

1. Pinci

THE HYPE IS SO HIGH THAT THE FILE IS DOWNLOADING AT 60 KB/S, THANKS INTERNET!!!!!!!!!!!

But talking seriously, thanks for this and for taking the time to sub new chapters for us.

2. BP

I’m a Korean big fan of Crayon shin-chan. I want to use your video to upload and translate in Korean. Can I use your video? If you want me to write your name into sources, of course I will. Please answer me in a few days.

1. Skr Author

Yes, of course! As I said in my post, feel free to use it — just credit me please 😀

Thank you for asking. I’ve seen Spanish subs take my video and subs, make it look worse, and take out my credits 😐

1. BP

They are really bad guys. 🙁 I definitely will write your names at subs on the video. However, I need a video which doesn’t include American subtitles to make the video clean when I put the Korean subs. So I want to know where you got the video. I hope that my question is not impolite to you and doesn’t make you feel bad. Have a good night and answer me in a few days, please. 🙂

P.S. Hope that there will not any grammatical errors in my comments. And my email could be different from my previous comment. I forgot what email I used. Sorry!

2. BP

What I want to say is not about this spin-off video. It may be gotten because you’re an amazon prime member. I want to ask you where I can get crashin episodes like episode 901, 902 ~. Well, maybe you did understand my words even though I didn’t leave a comment again. HAHA!

1. Skr Author

Anything I release is softsubbed, meaning the subtitles can be removed from the video. You can use a program like mkvextractgui to separate the audio/video and the subtitles.

I record all the episodes myself.

1. BP

Oh, you record by yourself? It’s great! I don’t know that you live in Japan. Ah… So the logo of the broadcasting company is different from tv asahi. I think it may be affiated broadcasting channel. Anyway, thank you for your help. Let’s keep in touch with an Email. Well I don’t know your email address, so you send an email first if it doesn’t matter to you. BYE!

P.S. I think that you are not sleeping even if your time is late. Enough sleep will make you fell strong all day!

2. BP

Um… You haven’t sent an email to me… I’m sorry that I asked you a hard requirement which is to send an email to a stranger. 🙁 Anyway, I can record tv asahi cs 1 channel on the internet. Its definition is not so high, but I can record even videos that was broadcasted 7 days ago. If you are interested in my comments, answer me. TGIF!

3. Skr Author

Sorry, I don’t have an email to give out! I’m always available here on the BuriBuri blog or in #Shindou-Anime@irc.rizon.net

Also, I need caps of Asahi CS 1 more for the captions than the video. So unless those streams have captions available, it won’t really do me any good. Thanks for the offer though!

1. Skr Author

That’s for the screening in Singapore. They do screen them with English subtitles there. They did the same with movie 23, the Cactus movie.

3. Carlo

>Note to any other Non-English fansubbers: If you want to use my video and script, you can, but please credit me. I don’t watermark or hardsub my releases for this reason, so at least do me that courtesy. Thanks!

Thanks for this one! I was hoping to ask permission from you to use your scripts for my projects.. I might as well share mine although its in Filipino and its per segment not per episode

1. Skr Author

Nope, it’s made by Michio Mihara who worked on the newest Shin-chan movie, actually.

He’s previously worked on series like Kaiba and Tatami Galaxy though, which were created by Masaaki Yuasa, a major contributor to Shin-chan throughout the 90s (and still occasionally).

4. Shin chan

Pls do it all in english i from malaysia but no one in my country wanna sub this man pls sub in english too,im begging you all plsss…. 😭😭😭😭 why why its only in veitsub/chinese/korean/hindi/ in utube that have latest+oldest movie whyyyyyyyyyy???? I really hope can understand your sub but sure im not pls make it in english plssss….

5. vimal raj

Dude SKR i just saw Keiji Fujiwara’s news on him taking break from roles (including shin-chan ) due to illness… does japanese publications specify what illness he is going through?? I hope it’s nothing serious!!!

1. Skr Author

Yeah, I read about it too.

It’s very typical of Japanese press not to release personal information regarding illnesses or even things like children/child births, so unfortunately, no, they don’t say anything else. I, too, hope it’s nothing serious. Hiroshi wouldn’t be the same without his voice.

I wonder how they’re going to handle his absence in Alien vs Shinnosuke. They can easily leave Hiroshi out of some TV episodes, but the spin-off is more like a movie… and Hiroshi can’t be absent that easily D:

1. vimal raj

But Animation production would have been complete by now!! I think they will just replace the voice just like how they did to king kai’s character in dragon ball super!!! There no why these business minded guys would let show go on hiatus because of keiji’s illness!!!

1. Skr Author

Nah, they haven’t. They said he will only be working on Alien vs Shinnosuke until the 9th episode. And the director said he just recently finished all the storyboards for the entire series — so production is definitely not done yet. I don’t see them replacing him with another actor — he’s been Hiroshi for 25 years now! But I suppose we’ll see.

1. vimal raj

If production is not complete for main series yet then they could send hiroshi off to foreign trip or something like that, I still remember in some episodes hiroshi was sent off to hokkaido as part of office trip and he was completely written off!!! may be writers will pull off something like that!!

6. When I visited the spinoff’s page on Amazon Prime Video Japan last week, I was also surprised to see that the first episode was 8 minutes!

I think the reason why Amazon hasn’t announced the official English release yet could be because an English dub might in the works. I’m not sure if you’ve heard about this or not, but TV Asahi supposedly refuses to allow the Japanese audio of Crayon Shin-chan to be exported anywhere outside of Japan. This means that the Japanese audio can’t be included on all international DVD releases and streams of the series. The spinoff most likely counts as well. Although it’s not been confirmed as to why they ban the Japanese audio outside of Japan, the infamous anime reverse importing problem might have something to do with it.

1. Skr Author

This can’t be true. FUNimation included a few segments with Japanese audio and subs on their Shin-chan DVDs as extras.

I suppose we’ll see though.

1. Skr Author

I don’t have an email to give out. I’m on IRC though, if you want to join our channel and talk to me there. I’m always online, so even if I’m not at my computer, you can leave me a message.

#Shindou-Anime@irc.rizon.net

1. fansofs

May I just have the original file of 02 without subtitle? Cause I want to do the subtitle by myself. And I promise I will credit your name. If you can do it, how can I have the 02 video?

7. summeryt

OK.But I think we have someone can help you.I know many Japanese Translator.If you give me the video and your English text,maybe we can help you to collate it